Heavy Weapons Restrictions on RTCW:ET Servers - Please Help

(instantgib) #1

Ok here is the deal, i have set g_heavyweaponrestriction “100”

(i think it restricts to 1 panzer and 1 mortar)
but i am not sure if this value means “NO restrictions to heavy weapons”, or it really restricts to 2 heavyweapons per team.

can someone explain me what should be the right value then?

Another issue, is team_maxpanzers OSP cvar disable or overruled by the g_heavyweaponrestriction cvar?

can i still use the team_maxpanzers to set the max panzer limite per team on RTCW:ET servers? , if so what g_heacyweaponsrestriction cvar aplys for?

thanks for ur help guys

(ND80) #2

g_heavyweaponrestriction 100 is the default setting and mean that there is no limit on panzers or airstrikes. Below is an explanation from the jolt.uk site about this cvar. I have tested the team_maxpanzer setting and so far have been unable to make any adjustments using this cvar. I am experimenting with a Last Man Standing server and would like to eliminate panzers, but no luck.

g_heavyWeaponRestriction

100 is default. As i understand it, for soldier weapons it refers to the percentage of the team that can select EACH heavy weapon. e.g., if you set it to 20, and in the game there are 10 players on a team, each side could then have up to two panzerfausts, two flamers, two mg42’s and two mortars. If the team has no flamers, this does not allow them to take any additional Panzers.

The Field Ops use of Artillery is also restricted, but is on a per-minuite basis and takes into account the number of Field Ops. The is calculation is something like the following:

n(g_heavyweaponrestriction * teamsize)
= max number of artillery per team per minuite

where n = number of field ops, but minimum is 2 and max is six (doesnt actually restrict how many field ops you can have, just the number for the formula).

so: if g_heavyweaponrestriction is 20, there are 10 on the team, and there are 2 field ops, between them they can set off
2(0.2*10)= 4 artillery per min?

So we’ve worked out how many artillery can be set up per minuite, which is all most people need to know. If you’re wondering how this “minuite” is calculated (think about it), read the next paragraph.

The counter starts at 0, and there are 6000msec in a minuite. Every time a player sets off an artillery, 6000/m is added to the counter, and the counter will start counting back down to 0. Once the counter reaches 6000, no more artillery can be fired until it has counted down to under 6000. Since of course the counter never goes below 0, this means in any given minuite there cant be more than m artillery set off, but note fractions do apply - an m of 2.5 will be rounded UP to 3 in the first minuite, but since the leftover msec is carried over, there will be only 2 allowed in the next minuite. Hence on average there can only be 2.5 artillery every minuite. It also means that once the counter has exceeded the cap, you dont have to wait a full minuite for it to count down, in order to fire artillery again.

(instantgib) #3

ND80 thanks m8, i understand it now, i will set it to 20 on my server (its 12 vs 12

it will be ok.